Greetings from the Office of Admission! I hope all of you had a relaxing summer. We welcomed the Class of 2018 on Saturday, August 16 for Move-In Day. The Class of 2018 is one of the largest classes in Meredith’s 123 year history! I’d like to extend a big thank you to all alumnae who helped influence a student’s decision to attend Meredith this year. Your stories and personal experiences make a difference in the lives of these angels.
I’d like to share some updates about the ARMS program and how alumnae have helped build this class.
COLLABORATIVE EFFORTS – IT TAKES A VILLAGE TO BUILD THE CLASS
ARMS (Alumnae Recruiting Meredith Students), Meredith’s first official plan for formally involving alumnae in the recruitment process continued into its second year. ARMS volunteers participated in the following actions during the 2013-2014 recruitment cycle:
- Fall Recruitment Week: 14 alums contacted 267 prospective students by email in our targeted recruitment areas and encouraged them to apply.
- Discover Meredith: collaborative event with Alumnae Development and Admissions. 30 alums brought 48 students to campus; our largest Discover Meredith event to date.
- College Fair Recruitment: Six alums attended college fairs with recruiters.
- Spring Recruitment Week: 136 alums contacted 576 admitted student encouraging them to choose Meredith.
- Admitted Student Receptions: 16 alums hosted admitted student receptions across North Carolina with the goal of influencing decisions for Meredith.
In summary: 596/1795 applicants (33%), 567/1100 admitted students (51%), and 274/481 deposits (57%) received a contact from an alumna during the 2013-2014 recruitment cycle.
In the upcoming cycle “Let’s Talk About Strong” conversations will be implemented in targeted areas in an effort to increase out-of-state applications and enrollment. Alumnae will invite prospects to meet them for coffee to discuss their interest in Meredith. Locations confirmed for the “Let’s Talk About Strong” conversations this fall are the following:
- Louisville, KY
- Lexington, KY
- Houston, TX
- Richmond, VA
- Jacksonville, FL
- New York City, NY
- Baltimore, MD
- Charleston, SC
- Charlotte, NC (only in-state location for coffee)
Anna Buryk, Assistant Director of Admission and responsible for creating the Alumnae Recruitment Plan and Shery Boyles, Director of Admission, attended Alumnae Board of Directors meetings in the fall and spring to keep them updated on current initiatives and to seek their input on development of the ARMS program.
*If you know a student who would be a great fit for Meredith College, please refer her online through the “Refer a Student” referral form: www.meredith.edu/alumnae/refer-a-student.
*If you would like to be involved in the ARMS program, please complete the online interest form: http://www.meredith.edu/alumnae/alumnae-volunteers/.
Please don’t hesitate to contact me if you have any questions about the ARMS program. We need your help to recruit another strong class of angels!
Anna Buryk ‘09
Assistant Director of Admissions