Under the leadership of the Alumnae Association, the Meredith Fund and Alumnae Relations offices launched the 1891 Club this academic year. With nearly 200 student members, the 1891 Club has quickly become the largest student organization on campus.
The 1891 Club will serve as a vital resource for students during their time at Meredith. The purpose is to educate current students about the significance of the Alumnae Association and their role as a future alumna. Areas of focus include outreach and philanthropy. Membership includes special events with alumnae throughout the academic year.
Since launching in February, the 1891 Club had several events during the spring semester including:
– Snow day – 1891 Club kick-off event
– Founders’ Day Week Events
– St. Paddy’s Day Mixer with alumnae Board members and volunteers
– Young Alumnae Board Meeting – club members attended a Young Alumnae Board Meeting and updated the Board on the new student organization
– End of Year Lawn Party featuring Craig Woolard and the Embers
Based on the success of this year, we look forward to increased awareness and support of the 1891 Club during the next academic year.
Leave a Reply