Meredith College will celebrate the inauguration of Jo Allen, ’80, as the College’s eighth president, March 19-22, 2012. Here are eight ways to celebrate Meredith College during the inauguration week.
1. Attend an inauguration event.
Inauguration week began with a kick-off event on Monday, March 19, at 10 a.m. in Johnson Hall Rotunda. This special event for students included Krispy Kreme doughnuts, giveaways, and special surprises for President Allen.
The installation ceremony will be held on Thursday, March 22 at 10 a.m. at Raleigh Memorial Auditorium. All Meredith students, faculty, staff and alumnae are invited. Visit www.meredith.edu/inauguration for more information.
2. Participate in Meredith’s service pledge in honor of President Allen. As a gift to President Allen, Meredith community members are asked to pledge at least five hours of service to the campus and/or community. Stop by the Giving Tree to pledge service hours and share good wishes in honor of Dr. Allen’s first year as Meredith College president. The Giving Tree will be in Cate Center March 15-16 and in Johnson Hall Rotunda March 19-23.
3. Wear your Meredith ring or a Meredith shirt.
4. Get together with Meredith classmates.
5. Make a Gift to Meredith. Click here for information on how to make a gift to The Meredith Fund.
6. Introduce a prospective student to Meredith. Click here to visit the admissions section of Meredith’s website.
7. Learn more about Meredith’s history by visiting the College Archives online. The archives site is www.meredith.edu/library/archives/index.htm. Or, take a trip down memory lane by viewing digitized editions of Oak Leaves, Meredith’s yearbook, online here
8. Participate virtually: Follow Meredith at twitter.com/meredithcollege and read live tweets from the installation. Use the hashtag #MC8 to add your thoughts and wishes for President Allen. After March 22, visit www.meredith.edu/inauguration to view photos and video clips from the installation.
-Melyssa Allen, Marketing